At Amedisys, we know that home healthcare and hospice is a 24/7 business, requiring our clinicians and field staff to work all days of the week and in all types of weather. Follow these tips to stay safe this winter season!
- Keep your gas tank at least half full at all times.
- Check your tires before setting out to make sure they're inflated properly.
- Wear your seat belt at all times.
- Don't use cruise control when traveling over slippery surfaces.
- Take it slow when pressing the gas - accelerating and decelerating slowly will help you maintain traction and avoid skids.
- Have your tires, brakes and battery inspected before winter weather arrives in full.
- Avoid using your parking brake in cold, rainy or snowy weather if possible.
- Don't keep your car running in a garage or enclosed space.
- Keep your cell phone fully charged.
Source: AAA Exchange
For more information, visit http://weather.com/winter.