We encourage you to read this Policy before using our Site. By using the Site, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions of this Policy, please do not use the Site.
If you are a California resident, please see the Amedisys Privacy Notice Supplement for California Residents.
Information Amedisys Collects Through the Site
Amedisys may collect two basic types of information through the Site: “Personal Information,” which is information from which a Visitor can be identified, and “Aggregate Information,” which is information from which a Visitor cannot be identified. When we use the term “Information” we mean both Personal Information and Aggregate Information.
Aggregate Information. When you visit and interact with the Site, Amedisys and third parties with whom Amedisys has contracted to provide services to Amedisys, may collect anonymous information from three sources: server log files, cookies, and “pixel tags.”
- Server Log Files. Your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address is an identifying number that is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider (“ISP”). This number may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you visit the Site, along with the time(s) of your visit(s) and the page(s) that you visited. We may use the IP addresses of all Visitors to calculate Site usage levels, to help diagnose problems with the Site’s servers, and to administer the Site. We may also use IP addresses to communicate with or to block access by Visitors who fail to comply with our Terms of Service. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is carried out automatically by many websites.
- Pixel Tags. The Site may use so-called “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “Pixel Tags”) to compile aggregate statistics about Site usage and response rates. Pixel Tags allow us to count users who have visited certain pages of the Site, to deliver branded services, and to help determine the effectiveness of promotional or advertising campaigns. When used in HTML-formatted email messages, Pixel Tags can tell the sender whether and when the email has been opened.
Personal Information. You are not ordinarily required to register or provide Personal Information in order to access our Site, though certain functionalities (such as our information request feature) may require registration. We collect Personal Information from you only when you voluntarily provide it to us. Personal Information may include contact information, such as your name, postal address, telephone numbers and/or email address.
Use and Disclosure of Information Amedisys Gathers Through the Site
We may use or disclose your Information, including to Affiliated Entities, in any of the following ways.
Communications. We encourage Visitors to contact us with questions and comments. Information may be used in order to respond to your questions and comments. Responses to your communications may use your Information to contact you by email, phone, or other medium depending on the circumstances.
Business Purposes. We may use your Information for internal business purposes, such as analyzing and managing our businesses. The Information you provide through the Site may be combined with other information you provide to Amedisys (via online or offline means), with demographic information and other information that is publicly available, or with other information about you that Amedisys may otherwise obtain online or offline.
To fulfill or meet the reason you provided the Information. For example, if you share your name and contact information to ask a question about our services, we will use that Information to respond to your inquiry by email, phone, or other medium depending on the circumstances. We may also save your Information to determine if we should offer new product or services.
Third Party Service Providers. We work with third parties who provide services, including website hosting, data analysis, newsletter services, promotional activities, and other administrative services. We may share your Information with such third parties for the purpose of enabling such third parties to provide such services to us. We also share Information about your use of the Site with our social media, advertising, and analytics partners.
To personalize your Website experience. We may use your Information to deliver content and product and service offerings relevant to your interests, including targeted offers and ads through our Website, third-party sites, and via email or text message (with your consent, where required by law).
Data Aggregation. We use, disclose, and analyze Information in order to enhance website security and track the popularity of certain pages of the Site, the success of our email notifications, traffic levels on the Site and other usage data, all of which helps us to provide content tailored to your interests, improve the Site and related services, and to otherwise enhance your experience on the Site. We may share Information with Affiliated Entities and other third parties.
Facebook Pixels and Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixels to collect user demographics and online behaviors, which helps inform us about our Visitors and their preferences. For example, we use Google Analytics information on how you are coming to our Site to help us understand the effectiveness of our marketing efforts. A higher volume of traffic from organic search indicates a strong search engine optimization and success in content marketing. By reviewing the source of Visitors and their interaction with the Site, we can determine which channels yield the highest results.
HubSpot. We use HubSpot to track Visitors using cookies. HubSpot associates cookies to Visitors to log every page that Visitor views moving forward. Visitors are tracked anonymously before they become contacts (i.e., you submit information via a form). If and when a Visitor completes a form, HubSpot associates previous page views based on the tracking cookie. If the email address filled in the form is associated with an existing contact, the Visitor will be identified as the contact.
AddThis. We use AddThis to allow you to share aspects of our website through various social media platforms. AddThis collects limited Personal Information.
Other Important Notes Regarding Our Privacy Practices
Special Note for Parents. Amedisys takes seriously its obligations under the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act concerning the collection of Information from individuals under the age of thirteen (13). The Site is not directed at children, and we request that children under the age of 13 not provide Information through the Site.
- Security. We have security measures and tools in place to help protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. No method of transmitting or storing data is completely secure. As a result, although we strive to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us through or in connection with the Site. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with “Contacting Us” below (note that physical mail notification will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
- “Do Not Track” signals. This Site does not recognize “do not track” signals and other mechanisms. Your Information will be treated the same as every other visitor, in accordance with this Policy.
- Assignment. We reserve the right to transfer any and all information that we collect from users of the Site to a third party in the event of any merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of Amedisys’ assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Updating Your Information and Contacting Us
Amedisys has procedures in place to keep your Personal Information accurate, complete and up to date for the purposes for which it is collected and used. You may review the information we have collected and where appropriate you may request that it be corrected. We also provide you with you several options for reviewing, correcting, updating or otherwise modifying information you have previously provided:
- You may email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- You may call us at 225.292.2031
- You may send mail to the following postal mail address:
3854 American Way Blvd., Suite A
Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Please clearly indicate the information that you wish to review or have changed. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably possible. Please note that despite any removal of or change to Personal Information requested there also may be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed or changed.
From time to time, we may ask you to indicate whether you are interested in receiving emails and other information from Amedisys. If you elect to receive these communications, we will occasionally send you emails or other information that match your requests.
If at any time you wish to stop receiving communications from us, please let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed above in Contacting Us and indicate whether you want to stop receiving all or just certain types of communications. Further, if we have contacted you via email, you can unsubscribe from emails by using the unsubscribe feature in the email you received. In addition, we do not disclose your Personal Information to third parties, including Amedisys’ subsidiaries, for the third party’s direct marketing purposes if we have received and processed a request from you that your Personal Information not be shared with third parties for that purpose. If you would like to submit such a request, please just let us know by emailing, calling or writing to us using the contact information listed above in Contacting Us. Please indicate that you request that Amedisys not disclose your Personal Information to Amedisys subsidiaries and/or other third parties for direct marketing.
Career Opportunities Section
The Site includes a link to our Career Opportunities section, which contains information on what it’s like to work for Amedisys and methods for applying for jobs at our offices nationwide. Any Personal Information submitted through this portion of the Site, or to email addresses listed on this portion of the Site, will be governed by Amedisys’ Resume Submission Policy. Please click here to review that policy.
Changes to this Policy
We reserve the right to change this Policy, and any of our policies or procedures concerning the treatment of information collected through the Site, without prior notice. You can determine when this Policy was last revised by referring to the “Last Updated” legend at the top of this page. Any changes to our Policy will become effective upon posting of the revised Policy on the Internet, accessible through the Site. Use of the Site following such changes constitutes your acceptance of the revised Policy then in effect. We encourage you to bookmark this page and to periodically review it to ensure familiarity with the most current version of our Policy.
This Policy represents the sole, authorized statement of Amedisys’ practices with respect to the collection of Personal Information through the Site and Amedisys’ use of such information. Any summaries of this Policy generated by third party software or otherwise (for example, in connection with the Platform for Privacy Preferences or “P3P”) shall have no legal effect, do not bind Amedisys, shall not be relied upon in substitute for this Policy, and neither supersede nor modify this Policy.
If we collect your Social Security number, we will take reasonable steps to protect the confidentiality of and limit access to those Social Security numbers to those within Amedisys who need access to that information for a permitted function. Our policies do not permit the unlawful disclosure of Social Security numbers.
Under Nevada law, Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of covered information (as those terms are defined in NRS 603A.300 et seq). Amedisys does not currently sell any covered information. If you wish to notify us in advance of your desire to opt out in the event we begin selling covered information, please email email@example.com with your name and email address. If we do begin selling covered information, we will notify you in advance of that sale and provide information on how you can opt out of those sales.
This Policy © January 28, 2021 Amedisys, Inc. All rights reserved.
Amedisys Privacy Notice Supplement for California Residents
Effective Date: January 17, 2023
This Privacy Notice applies to personal information collected from California-based consumers, employees, job applicants, contractors and similar individuals. We are a provider of healthcare services to California residents and maintain patient information as required by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA). Click here for our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
- Click here for a printable version of this Privacy Notice.
- Click here for a copy of Amedisys’ CCPA Request Form.
Information We Collect
We collect on our Site information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer, household, or device ("personal information"). For the purposes of the CCPA and this Privacy Notice, personal information does not include:
- Publicly available information from government records;
- Deidentified or aggregated consumer information; or
- Health or medical information covered by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act (CMIA) or clinical trial data. Information regarding how we collect, use and disclose health or medical information subject to HIPAA and the CMIA is set forth in our HIPAA Notice of Privacy Practices.
The below table summarizes the categories of personal information that we have collected from our consumers and disclosed about our consumers for a business purpose within the last 12 months:
|Identifiers||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, Social Security number, driver's license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.||YES||YES||NO|
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e))||
A name, signature, Social Security number, physical characteristics or description, address, telephone number, passport number, driver's license or state identification card number, insurance policy number, education, employment, employment history, bank account number, credit card number, debit card number, or any other financial information, medical information, or health insurance information.Some personal information included in this category may overlap with other categories.
|Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law||Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).||YES‡||NO||NO|
|Commercial information||Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.||NO||NO||NO|
|Biometric information||Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.||YES||NO||NO|
|Internet or other similar network activity||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer's interaction with a Site, application, or advertisement.||YES||YES||NO|
|Geolocation data||Physical location or movements.||YES||YES||NO|
|Sensory data||Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.||NO||NO||NO|
|Professional or employment-related information||Current or past job history or performance evaluations, job applications, recruitment information.||YES‡||YES||NO|
|Non-public education information (per the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (20 U.S.C. Section 1232g, 34 C.F.R. Part 99))||Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.||NO||NO||NO|
|Inferences drawn from other personal information||Profile reflecting a person's preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.||NO||NO||NO|
|De-identified patient information||Information originally collected on patients that has been de-identified in a manner permitted by the HIPAA regulations||YES||YES||NO|
‡ Collected only on employees, job applicants, contractors, or similar individuals.
We obtain the categories of personal information listed above from the following sources:
- Directly from you (e.g., from forms you complete on our Site).
- Indirectly from you or through your device (e.g., through cookies used to observe how you interact on our Site). Information on how you are coming to our Site help us understand the effectiveness of various marketing efforts. For example, a higher volume of traffic from organic search indicates a strong search engine optimization and success in content marketing. By combing the source of users and their interaction with the Site (e.g. filling out a form or interacting with a bot), we can determine which channels yield the highest results.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose de-identified information that is derived from patient information that was originally collected, created, transmitted, or maintained by a HIPAA covered entity. If we do so, the information is generally de-identified using the HIPAA safe harbor method. If the safe harbor method is not feasible for a particular situation, we may use the HIPAA expert determination method to de-identify that information. We will include contract terms limiting how the recipient may use or disclose that de-identified information if we license de-identified information.
Sale of Personal Information
You have the right to opt-out of the sale of your personal information by Amedisys. In the preceding 12 months, Amedisys has not sold any personal information.
Your Rights and Choices
The CCPA provides consumers with specific rights regarding their personal information. This section describes your CCPA rights and explains how to exercise those rights.
Right to Access to Specific Information
You have the right to submit a request to know what personal information we have collected, used, disclosed, or sold on you over the past 12 months. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights below), we will disclose the following to you pursuant to the CCPA:
- The categories of personal information we collected about you.
- The categories of sources for the personal information we collected about you.
- Our business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling that personal information.
- The categories of third parties with whom we share that personal information.
- The specific pieces of personal information we collected about you (also called a data portability request).
You have the right to know if we have sold or disclosed your personal information for a business purpose. If we have disclosed your personal information for a business purpose, you have the right to know the personal information categories that each category of recipient obtained.
We do not provide these access and data portability rights for business-to-business personal information.
Right to Request Deletion of Specific Information
You have the right to request that we delete any of your personal information that we have collected from you and have retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request (see Exercising Access and Deletion Rights below), we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your personal information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s), for example to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Maintain an accurate and complete record in our role as a healthcare provider or employer.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information's deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research's achievement, if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation, including without limitation record retention for compliance with state and federal laws.
- Enforce our contracts.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not provide these deletion rights for business-to-business personal information.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Exercising Access and Deletion Rights
To exercise the access and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable consumer request to us by:
- Calling us at 866.518.6684;
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Mailing us at Amedisys, Inc., Attn: Privacy Officer, 3854 American Way Blvd., Suite A, Baton Rouge, LA 70816.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a verifiable consumer request related to your personal information. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child.
You may only make a verifiable consumer request for access or data portability twice within a 12-month period. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative, which may include:
- Name, Zip Code, Phone Number, or Email.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
We cannot respond to your request or provide you with personal information if we cannot verify your identity or authority to make the request and confirm the personal information relates to you. Amedisys has created a form, available here, to assist you with making your request.
Making a verifiable consumer request does not require you to create an account with us.
We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable consumer request to verify the requestor's identity or authority to make the request.
Response Timing and Format
We endeavor to respond to a verifiable consumer request within 45 business days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 business days total), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option.
Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable consumer request's receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable. For data portability requests, we will select a format to provide your personal information that is readily useable and should allow you to transmit the information from one entity to another entity without hindrance.
We do not charge a fee to process or respond to your verifiable consumer request unless it is excessive, repetitive, or manifestly unfounded. If we determine that the request warrants a fee, we will tell you why we made that decision and provide you with a cost estimate before completing your request.
CCPA regulations require us to verify a requestor’s identity to at least a reasonable degree of certainty. For access requests and deletion requests that are solely related to personal information collected through cookies, we may be unable to confirm your request to a reasonable degree of certainty. Site visitors do not have accounts open with Amedisys. Site visitors, other than those who complete forms, do not provide any other information that we can use to verify your identity. Because of this, we may be unable to provide personal information or delete personal information in response to these requests from people who solely visit our Site. We direct you to the “Information We Collect” section of this policy that discussed what categories of information we collect on Site visitors.
Changes to This Privacy Notice
We reserve the right to amend this Privacy Notice at our discretion and at any time. When we make material changes to this Privacy Notice, we will post the updated notice on the Site and update the notice's effective date. Your continued use of our Site following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of such changes.
Attn: Privacy Officer
3854 American Way Blvd., Suite A
Baton Rouge, LA 70816