Home care services allow seniors to grow older with dignity, in the place they feel most comfortable – their home. Our clients are important to us, and so are their families. This is a stressful time, so we work hard to create a home care plan that fits into your life, providing support when and where it’s needed. It is our goal to help ease your burden and make in-home care a welcome and reassuring part of your lives.
Senior Care Services Tailored to You
You have the flexibility to choose the professional home care services that suit your family’s situation. If your loved one needs a few check-ins and some help around the house, we can help. If they need more care, such as daily hands-on support or around-the-clock care, we have caregivers trained to meet those needs.
Many of our clients receive personal care services for several years, while others stay with us for a short time until they recover from an illness or injury. As your needs evolve, your care plan adapts along with you.
Which Home Care Services Are Right for You?
Our caregivers can help with a wide range of activities. Our in-home caregiving services include:
Home Health Aides & Personal Care Services
Hands-on care for people who need physical assistance with daily tasks
- Bathing, dressing, grooming and using the bathroom
- Mobility (moving around) and transfers
- Preparing meals and help with feeding
- Medication reminders
- All of the services companions and homemakers provide
Support for basic caregiving needs and to help prevent social isolation
- Friendly conversation and listening
- Games, reading and other activities
- Monitor activities of daily living
- Accompany the client to appointments, errands and activities
- Assist with telephone calls and letter writing
Help managing basic household duties
- Cooking meals
- Light housekeeping
- Grocery shopping
- Reminders to complete tasks
Around-the-clock awake care, seven days a week
- Personal care services like bathing and grooming
- Emotional support and companionship
- Household chores
- Help managing chronic health conditions
Live-In Care & Overnight Assistance
Full-time, live-in caregivers as well as overnight awake options
- Assistance with daily activities
- Grocery shopping, housekeeping and laundry
- Bedtime preparation
Support for family caregivers so they can attend to other responsibilities
- Light housekeeping and laundry
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Help with dressing, grooming, bathing and other activities
Specially trained caregivers for people with Alzheimer’s disease and dementia
- Respectful communication and social interaction
- Assistance with personal hygiene and grooming
- Support with activities that maximize independence
- Accompaniment to appointments, activities and errands
We also have caregivers who are specially trained to care for people with mental health disorders and those receiving dialysis at home or in a facility.
*Some home help services are available only in certain locations. Please call to find out which services are currently available near you.
If you or your loved one needs medical or skilled care, such as nursing care, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy, call an Amedisys home health agency near you to find out if home health care may be an option.
Making Home Care Services Simple
Most seniors want to stay in their own homes as long as possible. With the support of in-home care services for seniors, many can spend their golden years in the comfort of home.
Getting started with Amedisys senior care services is easy. Call us at (800) 281-0878. We’ll set up a free consultation to learn about which home help services are best for your loved one. Then we’ll recommend a plan that fits comfortably in your budget and connect you with an ideal caregiver.